Climate Neutrality


We are one of the first upscale restaurants in Europe to be certified climate neutral.

Climate protection naturally plays a central role in our sustainability strategy at Kopps Berlin. We have embarked on the path to climate neutrality and have recently been certified climate neutral as one of the first upscale restaurants in Europe.

This step was only logical for us, as we have been trying to work more and more sustainably for years. We only use biogas and obtain certified green electricity for our restaurant. Thanks to our well-insulated windows, we hardly have to heat even when the temperature is below zero. We keep our delivery routes short and try to shop as regionally as possible.




Being a vegan restaurant that fully functions without any animal-based products, we already make a difference in emissions and environmental pollution. 
However, this is not enough. It is much more important to us to spread our ideas and to be a role model for a sustainable corporate culture.

what exactly do we do?

Most of our products come from small local farmers and we support several family businesses. These products cannot just be found in the kitchen, but also at the bar and in our stock of wines.
We try to use natural resources from root to leaf to create as little waste as possible. Plastic packaging is almost fully banished in our restaurant and we support unpacked food.

90% of our wines come from Germany, the remaining 10% are special wines from Europe.
We know many winemakers personally and are in exchange with them about the cultivation methods and production processes.

More details:


Also at the bar, our team mainly uses products from the region. For example, we prefer to work with sustainably produced gin or whiskey from the Spreewad and also produce many components of the drinks ourselves.

If a product cannot be sourced regionally because of its high quality, it must at least be organic and fair trade. This is how we handle all spirits and also our coffee.

Even behind the curtains, sustainability is of value. We only use eco-power and cleaning products with eco-labels. Due to our good isolation system, it is possible to reduce the use of the heating during winter. 

What are our goals? / Where are we heading?

There is always room for more! Especially when it comes to sustainability. This is why we reflect ourselves from day to day to improve our behaviour in every section. Therefore we aim for carbon neutrality and are one of the first restaurants in Germany to do so.